Cloud software vendor, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS - Clojure/ Scala/ Java/ Haskell/ Python/ C++
Central Bristol - £40,000 - £85,000 + excellent benefits
I’m getting touch to introduce a fantastic opportunity for software engineers and managers (highly skilled in Java, Python, Clojure or other functional programming languages) to join one of the world’s most renowned technology companies as Senior Software Engineer/ Principal/ Senior Principal Software Engineer, based in Bristol.
Bristol has recently been named as the UK’s most important centre for the fast-growing digital industry outside of London by Tech City UK, and the Sunday Times’ named Bristol as the best city in the UK to live in, thanks to its great shopping, great scenery and great social scene.
This global company is in the process of redeveloping themselves as a cloud software vendor, with SaaS, PaaS and IaaS offerings, and to support the development of next-generation cloud platforms, infrastructure and services, they’re looking to hire the best talent, particularly among people with experience in consumer-oriented companies.
As Software/ Senior Software Engineer you work on the development and delivery of a wide range of cutting edge products and services including areas cloud security, compute, storage and data management, in an Agile, continuous delivery environment.
As Principal/ Senior Principal Software Engineer you will lead projects in the context of complex, distributed, multi-tier architectures, whilst also providing hands-on technical leadership.
These opportunities offer the chance to work in a stimulating environment where you can create your own career path, receive extensive professional development and training, flexibility to balance your life and your career, all whilst working with a network of talented colleagues striving for excellence.
Required skills – Senior Software Engineer
• Strong functional programming skills (Java, Scala, Python, Clojure etc)
• Experience with modern build and continuous integration tools
• Experience working with Unix or Linux based operating systems and environments
Required skills – Principal Software Engineer
• Experience leading projects in distributed, multi-tier architectures.
• Experience identifying and managing technical risk and ensuring reliable, incremental delivery of software.
• Great communication skills and the ability to build technical consensus and lead difficult, high risk, cross-team initiatives.
• Experience with hypervisors and containerization technologies
• Experience working with cloud technologies
Basic salary £40,000 - £85,000 plus excellent benefits