This job has EXPIRED
Do you enjoy the challenge of creating visually stunning and user-friendly web pages and interfaces?
We are looking for a fantastic front-end developer to join our leading-edge digital marketing agency. Based in Covent Garden, London, you will be developing innovative and effective solutions that meet clients' requirements, whilst enjoying our culture of relaxed, entrepreneurial innovation and collaborating with talented colleagues.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working across a range of web technologies. Applicants should have a solid knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS (jQuery) with focus on cross-browser compatibility and semantic markup. He or she should also have strong object-oriented development skills and exposure developing rich, highly dynamic, client-side applications. MVC architecture familiarity is assumed.
This is a hands-on role, planning, implementing and leading web-based projects for both internal and external clients with a primary focus around front-end development. You will lead the way in terms of accessibility standards and progressive enhancement, ensuring that the websites built will function across a wide range of devices and browsers. Any exposure of server-side technologies is an advantage, particularly .NET (C#) as the role will involve, from time to time, coding from scratch or altering existing presentation logic.
- Generate and maintain front-end code.
- Work on front-end development activities, solutions, methods, and practices.
- Develop new and effective interactive design solutions on time and in scope.
- Assist in developing methodologies, standards and best practices for the group.
- Research and recommend appropriate interactive technologies.
- Develop reusable code libraries.
- Conduct code walkthroughs and quality assurance with development teams.
- Develop web accessible and browser compatibility code.
- Work with back-end developers to integrate front-end and back-end code, ensuring design integrity.
- Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Ajax, as well as a good understanding of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Curiosity for learning new technologies and methods, as well as a desire to build great products.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at any one time.
- Knowledge of analytics packages, especially Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of consuming services (XML, JSON, SOAP) using Ajax will be highly considered.
How to stand out
- Have great attention to detail.
- Have built your own sites/apps in your spare time.
- Have you knowledge of a variety of social network API's such as Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, blogs, etc.
- Have an excellent knowledge of emerging technologies, trends and mark-up languages and frameworks.